Winter is one of the times in which we have to face inclement weather, the most common being low temperatures. This makes it crucial that we have some sort of system that provides heat to our home so that we can feel more comfortable in it during the cold months.
In this sense, we must know that there are many options on the market, although not all boilers have the same advantages or inconveniences and we must know which one is the most suitable for our home. That is why today we are going to talk to you about pellet boilers and the advantages that acquiring one for your home can have because, in case you did not know, it is one of the systems that can provide us with the most economic profitability today.
So do not hesitate and continue reading to know the Benefits what can you have install a pellet boiler.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of pellet stoves
The pellet stoves They are those that work with an ecological fuel that is known as pellet and has the appearance of pressed sawdust, an element that belongs to biomass and has a very interesting calorific potential, although this is not the only advantage of this type of stove. .
In fact, so that you can fully understand why this type of heating system is better than other more common alternatives, such as oil boilersthen we will explain the Advantages and disadvantages of pellet stoves. So, if you want to discover them, we advise you to keep reading.
Advantages of pellet stoves
As we have seen so far, pellet stoves are a very current alternative that allows us to have cleaner energy in our home, but advantage They go much further than this and we will get to know them below.
- It is a renewable energy source. These types of stoves work with pellets, which is a biomass fuel that is made from wood that has not been treated, so we are talking about a renewable energy source.
- They are completely automatic. Stoves of this type work by themselves without us having to carry out practically any manipulation, thus avoiding the possibility of suffering damage such as burns. They usually have a front panel that is what allows us to control certain characteristics related to it, such as its temperature, automatic shutdown, etc.
- Environmentally friendly. In addition to being a renewable energy, the combustion of pellets hardly produces CO₂, so it does not contribute to the greenhouse effect and becomes one of the cleanest energies that exist.
- Great heat power. The fuel that feeds them has a high calorific yield, so that, with a very small amount, we can achieve a most comfortable temperature for our home. But, in addition, this type of stove takes advantage of the residual heat of the smoke and uses it to generate more heating.
- Very safe heating system. In this type of device, the risk of explosion is much lower than what we can find in others such as diesel boilers and also do not have odors that can be annoying.
- They require little maintenance. Unlike other heating systems, cleaning and maintenance is extremely simple.
- Pellets take up little space. Especially if we compare it with other fuels commonly used in fireplaces and stoves, such as firewood. In addition, we can store them at home without problems because it is a product that does not spoil.
In short, there are many interesting advantages that can make us opt for a stove of this type for our home.
Disadvantages of pellet stoves
As you can see, the advantages of this type of heating system are very interesting, although it is true that they also have some disadvantages that we should be aware of. We explain them below.
- High initial investment. Acquiring a pellet stove at first will mean a greater economic outlay than if we opt for a boiler of another type, such as those that work with wood. However, today there are many companies that offer us the possibility of financing our products and we must also take into account the savings that it will provide us and that will allow us to recover the investment in the medium-long term.
- They make more noise. These types of stoves make more noise than other elements that allow us to heat the home and this can be something that is annoying to some people. In addition, they have to be placed in central areas of the house to provide heat correctly, contrary to what happens with other boilers such as condensing boilers.
- They require electricity consumption. Although they do not need another fuel such as gas to work, they will need to be plugged into the electrical network for its components to operate correctly.
- Better for smaller spaces. This type of boiler is more recommended when we are looking to heat a small room, since it is complicated with larger spaces. However, we must know that this will also depend on the power of the pellet stove we buy.
- Getting fuel is more complicated. Pellets are more difficult to obtain than other types of fuel, at least in those towns that are smaller and where there is a gas supply. However, today its use is becoming more widespread, so alternatives are always found within the reach of consumers.
In other words, there are also various disadvantages of pellet stoves that we must know before buying one of them to heat our home. In this way, we will be able to analyze and see if it is the best alternative for our home.
We hope that this article has been useful for you to get to know these types of stoves a little better and thus make the most appropriate decision.