With a holistic approach to health and wellness you can start today with a series of ‘wellness’ practices to improve your quality of life.
The concept of ‘wellness’ (well-being) dates back to antiquity and has been a central concern in many cultures throughout history. In the ancient Greek tradition, for example, health was understood as a balance between the body, mind, and spirit, and it was promoted through the practice of exercise, healthy eating, and reflection.
In the West, the term ‘wellness’ began to be used in the 1950s to refer to the promotion of health and well-being through disease prevention.
In recent years, the term has expanded and taken on a broader meaning, including a holistic approach to improving quality of life and well-being through the promotion of healthy habits and emotional and physical balance.
According to data from the multinational Market Research and Consulting IPSOS, in Mexico during the pandemic and confinement, 45% of people started an exercise routine and 60% a healthy diet, bringing attention to their emotional state as a consequence. Well, most of the people who set out to improve their habits felt the same way emotionally.
The wellness business model industry has grown 20 percent in the last 10 years, an industry ranging from spas, hot springs, construction wellness, tourism, workplace wellness ; which makes these practices a more common and accessible lifestyle for more people.
Some currents of wellness include:
- Nutrition: focuses on eating and eating healthy foods.
- Exercise and physical activity: perform physical activity on a regular basis.
- Emotional well-being: managing stress and emotional well-being through techniques such as meditation, therapy and yoga.
- Spiritual: connecting with oneself and with a higher force through practices such as meditation, yoga and reflection.
- Environmental: flow with the environment and in the use of sustainable practices.
- Social: relating to others and promoting healthy and meaningful relationships.
Each stream of wellness has its own approaches and techniques, and some people may find that a particular approach works better for them than another. The most important thing is to find what works for you and make it part of your lifestyle.
Wellness practices that you can apply in your day to day
- It reduces stress. Practicing ‘wellness’ activities will help you free yourself from emotional and physical stress that can affect your body. Whether through meditation, yoga or sports techniques, practicing ‘wellness’ will help you get rid of tension and anxiety.
- Improves self-esteem. Achieving an adequate connection with your emotions and understanding the processes that you are experiencing will provide you with the emotional balance that your day needs. By being able to introspect your actions, you will be able to learn to react better in the future.
- Eliminate anxiety. Thanks to relaxation techniques, through intimate spaces and dim light, people can enter a state of disconnection from the outside world that allows them to get rid of the negative aspects they may be carrying at that moment.
- recharge energy. Carrying out activities that are pleasant for you, such as a Pilates class or a relaxation session, will have a positive effect on your body and you will perceive it as a recharge of energy that will help you during the rest of the day. Therefore, the recommendation is to start the day doing some ‘wellness’ activity.
How improve your finances personal practicing ‘wellness’?
- Achieving routines that improve your day to day as wellness can achieve, will allow you to have a balanced life in tune with your mind and body.
- If you are able to achieve personal well-being, through good sleeping and eating habits, physical activity and managing your emotions, you will be an individual less likely to get sick, which means good news for your personal finances.
- Leading a healthy life will allow you good financial practices, for example, knowing how to save money on medical expenses and invest it for your future financial peace of mind. Being a healthy person is not only good for your health, but also good for your pocket.
We recommend you: Grand Acacia is a new way of life