Many people who dream of living or going to work in United States (US) they usually investigate about procedures that allow them to go to that country of legal way; one of those procedures is the “Green Card” or “green card”, with which people are given a permanent residence permit and which is granted under very special circumstances; only some people can apply to obtain it.
then in unotv.com We tell you how you can get the “Green Card” or permanent residence and through what circumstances you can process it.
Under what circumstances can you seek permanent residence?
Permanent residence and issuance of the “Green Card” it gives non-US people who find in the United States a reason to stay to live or work, and although they can perform various activities with different types of Visait is more convenient to have the “green card”, since it is a type of unlimited Visa with which you could request US citizenship.
It is important to clarify that the permanent residence is not the same as obtaining US citizenshipand although it offers unlimited stay in the United States, citizens must renew it after 10 years.
People seeking permanent residence in the United States can do so for the following reasons: pathways:
Permanent residence through family
People looking for the permanent residence through a relative who is American or lives legally in the United States must be one of these figures:
- Spouse of a US citizen
- Child unmarried under the age of 21 of a US citizen
- Dad from a US citizen who is at least 21 years old
- Child single of a US citizen who is 21 years of age or older
- Child married to a US citizen
- Brother from a US citizen who is under the age of 21
- Spouse of a lawful permanent resident
- Child unmarried under the age of 21 of a lawful permanent resident
- Fiance of a US citizen
- Widower of a US citizen
Permanent residence through employment
The following figures may be eligible to apply for permanent residence through an employment source if:
- Is a worker first class immigrant preferably:
- Has extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or sports
- Is a professor either investigator outstanding
- You are a manager or executive of a multinational company and meet certain criteria
- Is a worker second category immigrant preferably:
- You are a member of a profession that requires an advanced (postgraduate) degree
- Has extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, or business
- You want to get an exemption for reasons of national interest
- Is a worker third category immigrant preferably:
- You are a right-handed worker (meaning your job requires a minimum of 2 years of training or work experience)
- A professional (meaning that your employment requires at least a US baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent and you are a member of that profession)
- An unskilled worker (meaning you will be doing unskilled jobs that require less than 2 years of training or experience)
Permanent residence for being a “special immigrant”
- The following citizens are considered “special immigrant”:
- Religious worker (to work in a non-profit religious organization)
- Minor who needs the protection of the US Court (victim of abuse by one of his parents)
- International Media Representative (to work at the US Agency for Global Media)
- Family member or employee of an international organization or of the NATO
Permanent residence through refugee or asylee status
Asylees and/or refugees who were granted such status at least one year ago may apply for permanent residence after that time.
what is the green card?
The green card is a immigration visa which grants its holder a Unlimited residence and work permit in the United States. Among its main benefits is that you get unlimited entry to this country, live without restrictions in any state and the beneficiary after 3 to 5 years can apply for US citizenship.
This card is valid for lifebut must be renewed after 10 years, similar to an identity card. If the bearer does not comply with this renewal, he will be subject to the payment of a fine. However, the green card also can be withdrawn if it is shown that their owners committed determined crimes or infractions.
What benefits does the green card?
Furthermore, with the green card work requirements are less strict, business licenses can be obtained more easily and quickly, study without a student visa, legal and permanent immigration for retirement, right to pension insurance, health care and other state benefits. click on this link for more details.