MVZ UPAEP assumes the national presidency of the AMEFMVZ
Dr. Ileana Zorhaya Martínez Ramos, Director of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics of the UPAEP, was appointed as President of the Mexican Association of Schools and Faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics of the country for the period 2022-2024.
On November 25, 2022, at the Old College of Veterinary Medicine of San Jacinto in Mexico City, an extraordinary meeting was held in order to elect the New Board of Directors of AMEFMVZ, AC for the period 2022- 2024.
The election committee was made up of Dr. Trinidad Beltrán León from UAEM as president, Dr. José Carlomán Herrera Ramírez from UABC as secretary and Dr. José Manuel Silva Ramos from UAZ as member.
Being elected Dr. Ileana Zorhaya Martínez Ramos of the FMVZ-UPAEP to take the position of president, Dr. Ramón Rivera Barreno of the UACJ as vice president, Dr. Maribel Guerrero Cervantes of the UJED as secretary, Dr. Gustavo Hernández Vidal from UANL as treasurer, Dr. Flaviano Benavides González from UAT as first member, Dr. César Andrés Ángel Sahagún from UGTO as second member and the MVZ. Esther Rizo Bustos from CUSur of the University of Guadalajara.
The Mexican Association of Schools and Faculties of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics (AMEFMVZ) is made up of the directors of universities from all over the country, being the first time in 50 years of its foundation that a private program occupies the presidency of the Association and the third woman to take office.
The objectives of the association are:
1. Promote and implement the exchange and collaboration between the member institutions of representatives in matters of professional and academic administration, teaching and dissemination of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics.
2. Serve as a support body to facilitate the exchange and relations of the Faculties and Schools of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics associated, both among themselves and with other similar organizations.
3. Serve as a common consulting and advisory body for its associate members (ordinary and extraordinary).
4. Propose measures that aim to improve the teaching, academic and administrative organization.
5. Promote the quality of educational programs through external evaluations.
6. Promote the cultural integration of the professionals of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics of the Mexican Republic through the coordinated effort between the Faculties and Schools of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics.
7. Disseminate topics of interest and vanguard in the area of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics, through the publication of books or magazines, as well as in the area of professional education.