Conjunctivitis usually viral in children it tends to disappear on its own without the need to undergo any treatment. However, if the discomfort persists, it is preferable to see a specialist or follow certain instructions, above all, to prevent the child from scratching the eye. In that sense, in Mag we bring you a couple of home remedies to treat conjunctivitis in the smallest of the house.
Before delving into the subject, it is convenient to know the cause of conjunctivitis. If it is an allergic process, the ideal is to use anti-inflammatory eye drops and cortisones. If you suspect that the cause of the inflammation may be due to a bacterial infection, then you should take antibiotic drops for a week. Of course, in both cases it only applies with a medical prescription.
However, if you want to treat it naturally, there are also some effective home remedies, such as the use of chamomile. Find out more details in the following lines.
Home remedies to treat conjunctivitis in children
Once the pediatrician has indicated the treatment that the minor should follow, it is recommended to clean the eyes with cotton and boiled water, sterile physiological serum or chamomile, according to the portal Dospharma.
Likewise, you can use warm or cold water compresses in order to avoid the discomfort caused by itching, burning and, mainly, inflammation.
How to clean your children’s eyes
- Take a sterilized gauze pad and soak it with chamomile tea, saline, or warm boiled water. Of course, use a gauze for each eye.
- Subsequently, begin to gently clean each eye from the inside out with light massages to remove secretions.
- Once you’ve cleaned each eye, apply a couple of drops of eye drops or prescribed antibiotic ointment.
- After confirming that the eyes are clean and sterilized, talk to your son or daughter so that they do not scratch for a certain time.
- Finally, wash your hands before and after cleaning your child’s eyes, according to the information you handle Atida.
The content provided is not intended to replace professional medical consultation. If you are unsure about your medical condition or that of a family member, consult a doctor. In the same way if you have an allergic reaction.
Follow us on our social networks: