An interesting detail related to one of the most outstanding games in the Nintendo Switch catalog returns to us. We are talking in this case about Overwatch.
Specifically, we bring news after its free premiere produced on October 4, 2022. The information focuses on a disturbing mode created by a user of the game. It was recently reported on Twitter and appears to be a “sexual harassment simulator,” using mechanics from Overwatch 2 to carry out violent acts against women.
As you can imagine, numerous users warned of the existence of this and Blizzard removed it from their in-game listings. “Inappropriate or explicit content has absolutely no place in our game,” the company shared in a statement with pc gamer. “We immediately removed the user-created game mode once we became aware of its existence. We are continually working to improve automatic filters to prevent inappropriate user-created content and manually remove any that are not detected by the system.”
The mode no longer appears when searching the game, although it appears that it can still be accessed via codes and it is unknown if those responsible for its creation have been banned or not. We will be attentive to more details.
What did you think of the news? If you’re interested, you can check out our full coverage of the title at this link. Do not forget that we also have available The Overwatch 2 Bundle: Observatory, the core of your new gaming experience. This pack includes:
- Premium Battle Pass – Season 1
- Two (2) Overwatch 2 Legendary Hero Skins: Soldier: 76’s Space Raider and Cassidy’s Space Raider
- 2000 Overwatch 2 Virtual Currency
- Overwatch 2 Player Icon (Pre-Order Exclusive)
You will immediately receive:
- Overwatch Legendary Edition, which includes five (5) legendary skins and five (5) epic skins
We also remind you of the details of the new and refreshed PvP experience in Overwatch 2:
- New heroes and the new 5v5 composition, which will revolutionize competitive games and give rise to innovative and daring strategies.
- The new Breakthrough game mode introduces new symmetrical maps where teams engage in a tug-of-war battle and push TW-1, a centrally placed robot, into enemy territory.
- With an always-on live service, Overwatch 2 will introduce new heroes, maps, modes, and cosmetic content with each season. Season 1 begins with the release in October!