In Mexico, there is a low participation of Mexicans to invest on the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV); According to the body that regulates the financial system in the country, some of the factors are fear, bad experiences in the past, misinformation, myths and lack of financial culture.
According to National Commission for the Protection and Defense of Users of Financial Services (Condusef)investment is a tool that has great benefits, and it consists of putting your money to work looking for a profit in the future, which could serve to meet a medium or long-term goal.
Although this habit is often associated with high income earners and financial professionals, Condusef points out that there are currently options with which you can invest from 100 pesos and they are accessible. Here are six low-risk alternatives to investing.
Options that can make your money grow
Popular Financial Companies (Sofipos). They are institutions that offer financial services and products that work through the authorization of the National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV).
Among its services are:
- receive deposits
- issue credit cards debit or credit
- grant accounts of savings and loans
- To offer investment products
- Some offer better rates of return to investors (due to their low operating costs), since they do not have branches and their service is online.
How to choose the best sofipo?
- Make sure it is a company authorized by the CNBV and regulated by the Condusef
- Periodically check your capitalization level; you can check the data in the next link
- meet the profile of clients to whom they grant credits and their level of payment arrears; check the next link
- Invest only up to the limit of the Prosofipo protection fund (it is the equivalent of the IPAB, but of the Sofipo), which have a coverage of up to approximately 167 thousand pesos
Neobanks. It is a digital bank that does not have physical branches, lines or ATMs, since all its services are online or through a mobile application.
The neobanks that have investment accounts eliminate operating costsand this saving allows them to offer attractive yields.
- Its user service process is 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Debt mutual funds. They are instruments that allow to lend money to private companies and, in turn, manage and diversify the investment, whether in government debt, stocks or currencies (dollars, euros, among others).
- They are managed by a group of experts
- Efforts are made to diversify investment products to have a balance between high profits and minimize losses
Voluntary savings in Afore. It is the additional savings made to the individual account of the Retirement Fund Administrator (Afore) that can be used for a future expense or investment, or to increase the amount of the retirement pension.
- high yields
- Fiscal benefits
- contributions from 50 pesos and easy to do
- Resource availability
- a better pension
Cetes. The Certificates of the Treasury of the Federation (Cetes) are issued by the Mexican Government in pesos and are purchased at a discount price, that is, below their face value of 10 pesos. The profit obtained is the difference between the price paid when acquiring it and its nominal value at maturity. They have available terms of 28, 91, 182 and 364 days.
- can be reversed from 100 pesos
- No commission, penalties or transaction costs are paid
- without intermediaries
- You can dispose of the money when you decide
accounts ofand investment banking. Some banks offer investments that pay better interest than other instruments. All banking institutions offer income or fixed-term investment products. There are usually two:
- Cedes (Certificates of Deposit), which pay interest each month
- PRLV (I will pay with Yield Settleable at Maturity), which pays the total capital plus interest, until the end of the agreed term
- They have insurance IPAB depositswhich protects the resources invested
- In banks, a credit history is built that allows requesting larger financing